Level 1: Food Hygiene Course
PLEASE NOTE: HOSPITALITY COURSE CODE CHANGES:
SITXOHS002A - Follow workplace Hygiene procedures and
SITXFSA001A - Implement food safety procedures
Have been replaced with new codes and names.
The Level 1 Food Hygiene Course units of competency are:
Hospitality: SITXFSA101 - Use Hygienic Practices for Food Safety
Health: HLTFS207C - Follow Basic Food Safety Practices
Retail: SIRRFSA001A - Apply Retail Food Safety Practices
Food processing: FDFFS1001A - Follow Work Procedures to Maintain Food Safety
Not sure which course is right for you?
Hospitality: Businesses such as restaurants, Cafes and hotels. Take away and fast food businesses may be classified retail or hospitality, depending on the food items being served (i.e. the amount of preparation)
Health: Businesses such as hospitals as well as community care (child care centres, aged care, nursing homes and meals on wheels)
Food Processing: Businesses such as food product manufacturers including flour mills, canneries, packaging companies, wholesale bakeries, bottlers, breweries and wineries.
Transport and distribution businesses would be allocated into the relevant sectors above in which they are contracted or employed.
The Level 1 online course is broken into 9 separate learning modules:
- Course introduction
- Module 1: Australian Legislation
- Module 2: Causes and Effects of Food Poisoning
- Module 3: Food Safety Programs and the Principles of HACCP
- Module 4: Food Poisoning Bacteria
- Module 5: Food Safety Procedures
- Module 6: Hazards in the Food Industry
- Module 7: Prerequisite Programs and GMP Procedures
- Module 8: Food Allergens and Intolerances
Special Package Offer
Level 1: Food Hygiene Course
Level 2: Food Safety Supervisor Course
Only $199 (save $49)
"I enjoyed reading up on my food hygiene and your website made it easy to do so and for that I thank you. Thank you"
Want to organise classroom training for all your staff at the same time?
The onsite workplace course delivers the same information, however it is delivered in a different format. The trainer utilises PowerPoint, whiteboards, ip charts, videos etc. and the participant is provided with a 70+ page resource manual which is theirs to keep.
SIX Reasons to Trust Prime Skills with Your Certification
- We're a Registered Training Organisation (RTO number 21317) and meet the same quality standards required by TAFE colleges and Universities under the Australian Quality Training Framework (AQTF).
- National qualifications. Both the Level 1 Training (Food Hygiene) and Level 2 Training (Food Safety Supervisor) are nationally recognized.
- Get a better job. Our training can help you get higher paying jobs with the top companies so your career moves forward.
- Latest techniques. All our training includes latest food safety techniques.
- Take the training online when and where it's convenient through our FREE Online Learning® system.
- In your own time. Get certified in your own time. No classes to attend.